When it is time to select a VoIP solution it is essential to evaluate not just the price and features of the service, but to determine how scalable is it.
One of the most promising aspects of softswitch architecture is that its flexibility in scaling enables many revolutionary applications. For example it makes possible to bypass the central office.
MOR Softswitch scales up to 10.000 simultaneous calls by adding additional hardware as separate nodes to the main infrastructure.
You can try MOR softswtich for FREE and make sure it works the way you need.
2 servers solution- has two replicated databases. Asterisk connects to one database and GUI connects to another, so it increases performance when Web interface is used intensively.
2 server redundant solution– the most popular solution because it is fully redundant and most stable.
4 server redundant solution– stable and redundant solution for high performance.
Many Asterisk servers with DB Replication
Multiple Asterisk servers with SIP balancer and DB Replication
- SIP balancer
- If one of Asterisk servers fails, SIP balancer routes calls via remained Asterisk servers.
- LinuxHA heartbeat monitors Database servers
- When Main Database fails – Backup Database sees that and after 10s (default) will take Virtual IP, it is done automatically.
- When Main Database is back up – Backup Database returns Virtual IP to Main Database and system starts to function in normal work flow (done automatically).
- GUI server is connected to Backup Database to avoid load on Main Database in normal work flow.
This solution can handle up to 1000 simultaneous calls. Certain amount of calls may vary depending on hardware, codecs used and transcoding. Additional Asterisk servers can be added if larger amount of simultaneous calls is needed.